Thursday, July 26, 2012

Alcomer's Track Meet




I was so excited to take my girls to the alcomer's track meet when I went home. I used to do these every week when I grew up. You just pay a few bucks per kid and then they have races and field events divided by age group and your kids can participate in the meet. Adults can participate as well, but the adult events are later when it is really cold out so we just had the kids do it. It was so much fun and brought back so many memories. If it wasn't freezing, it would have been even better. We were going to go again when Jeff got there the next week, but it was even colder and raining, so we decided that would be pretty miserable for us. Cheyenne loves to race, but she gets really mad when she doesn't win. I kept envisioning her stopping before the finish line and throwing a tantrum saying "I wanted to win!" So I kept telling her to go her fastest and try her best, but sometimes we don't win and that is okay. She totally loved it and didn't want to leave! She definitely wasn't the fastest there, but it just made me so happy seeing her enjoy something that has brought me so much joy. Berkeley was hilarious and ran with her thumb in her mouth the entire time, but she still had fun. My grandma lives right by the track so she was so sweet to come and support! I remember she would come to most of my meets and games and stuff when they were in town, so it was just fun to have her there:)

No comments: