Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Country Life

Visiting my Mom was so much fun! One of the first days, she watched the kids and let me take her car and drive around town. It is always fun to cruise around Bellingham and the memories come flooding back. I went to my favorite Deals Only store and stocked up on Chewy Granola Bars for only 50 cents a box along with some other treats... I wish we had that store here. I went to some of my other favorite spots and then headed home. My mom also made her amazing BBQd salmon. Last time when I came in September we had the salmon with a full meal from her garden, but since it was only June, we bought the corn at the grocery store and just used her potatoes. It is so cute how parents are so proud of their kids. Sometimes it is almost embarrassing how she introduces me to so many people and I am thinking mom they don't care who I am or where I am from or all about my kids or life story... but it is so sweet, so I just let her go on and give the people an apologetic look:) My mom is such a wonderful Grandmother, all the grandkids adore her, especially my girls. They had so much fun chasing around her cat too, until he bit and scratched them and then they would scream with terror anytime he entered the same room as them. By the end of the trip, though, they were right back to following him around again. My mom also has the most amazing property. Well, it was actually my step-dad's, but she moved out there with him when they got married just over ten years ago. My mom has remodeled almost the entire house, so it is just so cute. They have a lot of acres that they let people keep their cows in, then they have a huge front and backyard, my mom has a giant garden. They have this really cool old barn that Steve keeps all his cars and parts in and runs a little auto parts business out of it too, I think. They have an in ground pool and there is this beautiful giant Willow tree with a fence behind it that is perfectly broken. It is so nice just to sit out there and enjoy the scenery. I didn't like it much for the 6 months that I lived there in high school and when I came home from school in the summers because it was SO far from town, but the rooms are gigantic so that made up for it! And now, I don't care as much about that. In fact, it is super convenient because she lives only minutes from Jeff's parents house. 





 We went shopping together and both had some great finds! I found this blue sweater which I LOVE!!

No comments: