Friday, July 27, 2012

High School Reunion


So, the reason I went home in June like I did, was to go to my 10 year high school reunion. Note to self: never come before the 4th of July again, way too cold... future trips: July-September! Anyway, I was really excited to go to my reunion to see everyone again. I loved high school and I haven't seen barely anyone since I graduated, so I was so excited to see everyone again and I guess I just thought it would be like old times! Usually when I meet up with friends I haven't seen in a long time, it feels like you just saw the person yesterday. Like when I met up with Christine a few days before the reunion, that is what it was like. Our reunion was a potluck at a park on a rainy day. It was at 2 pm and you were supposed to bring your kids. Well, most people aren't married or don't have kids yet, so there weren't many kids there, but if I could use one word to describe the whole thing for me it would be awkward. Everyone was nice and I didn't feel like anyone was trying to impress anyone or anything like that, but after the initial excitement of seeing someone you were excited to see, I just felt like the conversations felt so forced. Or, you would be talking to someone and someone new would come in and be excited to see you and or the other person and your conversation would be interrupted... it was just awkward. Jeff and Cheyenne and Berkeley played by the water the whole time, and I kept looking at them thinking, I want to go hang out with them. We stayed for about an hour and a half, but I was kind of bored, so finally I just decided to go. The picture is of a few of my friends who I was really excited to see. It was really great to catch up with Laura, the one in the white right next to me, I pretty much mostly talked to her the whole time. Anyway, I am glad I went, because I would have felt like I missed out if I didn't go, but I don't plan on attending any more in the future! 

In other news, we bought a new car:
Haha, just kidding! I wish!

My step-dad, Steve, just bought this awesome BMW convertible. My mom drove it over to Jeff's parents house to give me my purse that I left at her house, so Jeff and I had to get a picture in it and took it for a quick little cruise:) 

No comments: